Chef Daniel Oustad 's Albodingas
ALBODINGAS2 pounds ground turkey
I can fire roasted tomatoes & chili
4 cups water
1 yellow onion
4 garlic cloves
2 tablespoon oregano
2 tablespoons RX sugar
10 cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon (uncooked)brown rice
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
Salt & pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sprigs of cilantro for garnish
- add meat, brown rice, teaspoon oregano, paprika, cumin , teaspoon RX, salt and pepper
- Cut onion in half. Dice 1/2 onion and Slice other half. Add diced to meat
- Dice garlic and add
- beat and egg
- Mix throughly until ingredients are well mixed. Let rest.
- Add can of tomatoes/chilies, remaining RX, 1 teaspoon oregano, 4 cherry tomatoes, 2 cups of water and 2 cups chicken stock. Blend until all ingredients have been mixed.
- Make 2-4 Oz meatballs by hand or ice scoop for consistency.
- Sautéed sliced onions with oil in stock pot or instant pot, adding remaining oregano. Remove and set aside
- Dice zucchini and sauté, once starting to brown add remaining tomatoes(sliced). Add smidge of broth to deglaze pan. Set aside.
- If insta pot spray bottom of pot, add broth, place meatballs, add sliced onions and set for 18 minutes and let release for 8.
- If on stove, same process until boils and let it simmer for 25-30 mins.
Add spoonful of zucchini/tomato mixture to bowl, scoop broth and add meatballs, garnish with cilantro.